We help moms have healthy babies.
Simply Baby is the result of efforts by the Clay County Perinatal Coalition, made up of individuals and organizations whose goal is to have a positive impact on the health of mothers and their infants. We focus on providing education and access to prenatal care for pregnant women in Clay County and the surrounding area. We help mothers overcome barriers so their babies are born healthy, safe and strong.
- To emphasize the importance of prenatal and post partum care
- To create a supportive environment that promotes healthy behaviors
- To assist mothers in making choices that improve birth outcomes
- To educate participants about overcoming barriers to healthcare
- To help parents become assertive and informed consumers of prenatal care services
- To provide educational opportunities that encourage healthy choices
- To promote interactions among parents, facilitators and community partners
Whether this is your first, second, or sixth baby, there are some steps you can take to help you get ready for the healthiest pregnancy possible. The most important thing you can do is to take good care of yourself so you and your baby will be healthy. Women who get the proper care and make the right choices have a very good chance of having healthy babies. See a doctor as soon as possible after you find out you're pregnant to begin getting prenatal care (prenatal care is medical care during pregnancy). The sooner you start to get medical care, the better the chances that you and your baby will be healthy.
Mental health is how we think, feel, and act as we cope with life. To be at your best, you need to feel good about your life and value yourself. Everyone feels worried, anxious, sad, or stressed sometimes. However, if these feelings do not go away and they interfere with your daily life, get help. Talk with your doctor or another health professional about your feelings and treatment options.